Thin Desktop makes it easy to turn a Windows based PC into a locked down device that restricts the user to run a single application which becomes the entire user interface. The standard Windows desktop and start menu will be prevented from appearing.
Features and Benefits
- Re-purpose the PC, avoiding the cost of buying a new PC or Thin Client
- Eliminate non work related computer usage, increasing end user productivity
- Simple method to lock down a PC, reducing desktop visits by support staff
- Access Vista in a VM from the current desktop, allowing for rapid testing and deployment
- Flexible implementation, simplifying desktop administration
How Does it Work?
Thin Desktop prevents the Windows Explorer Shell from running on startup. In place of the standard Explorer Shell, a program of your choice becomes the only available user interface. In the event of the program terminating, it is immediately re-launched by Thin Desktop.
A common scenario is to restrict the desktop to running thin client software for Citrix ICA or Microsoft RDP connecting to a terminal server or virtual machine.