Why Choose Linux in a VDI Environment
In the last piece ‘Why go Windows on a Thin Client in a VDI Environment’ we looked at the advantages of using a windows embedded operating system over the embedded operating systems or Zero Clients.
In this piece we will take a look at the key benefits of using a Linux Operating System when choosing a thin client. These are:
- The Linux OS is the least expensive of all the embedded operating systems available on the market.
- It has a small desktop footprint, requiring less space, therefore providing cheaper storage over a Windows OS which usually requires several times the storage space.
- A Linux OS is less resource intensive, requiring less processing power and less RAM.
- In VDI environments with advancements in USB redirection many USB attached peripherals work perfectly with more added every year.
- Linux OS offer piece of mind with complete security – resulting in zero virus exposure and a locked down user interface.
- A Linux OS has a Windows look and feel, thus requiring no specific Linux admin or end user familiarity when configuring or using the unit.
- Linux is supported by all the major VDI providers including VMware, Citrix,Quest, Red Hat and 2X.
- Linux OS’s rarely require any critical updates.
- Linux is the leading operating system on servers and other ‘big iron’ systems.
- Over 90% of the top 500 supercomputers run a variant of Linux, including the ten fastest.
Since the development of Linux, 10ZiG customers who use it can be rest-assured that they are using one of the leading examples of free and open source software collaboration.
If you require any further information on the Linux operating system or how 10ZiG Technology Ltd can help your business, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
USA - 866-865-5250 or email: email@example.com
EMEA - 01509 276252 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org